Wednesday 5 September 2007

giant difficulty spawnings

Giants, just as any other bettas, sometimes get very difficult to spawn.

I've lost a number of females during spawning....they're dead....attacked by the males

But if they survive the males and happen to fall in love with them, they spawn quite fast and quick.

The challenges are the ones with "imbalance" male vs female. I've got some huge females on stock for example. Their body alone is bigger than any males that I've got. Typically, this type of female is very pricey on the market (if happens to have someone trying to sell them to you). Now that I have them, I don't even know what to do with them since none of the males can handle these females...

These females dont seem to pay much attention to smaller males. They're not afraid of the males. In fact, I dont think they respect the males at all :)

Oh well, I'll try them on some of the largish males and we'll see how it goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not put your email address on the comment to avoid being mined by spambot. Comment on posts older than a month will go through moderation (to avoid spam). Comments will not be filtered in any way - you would know, wouldn't you, cause you leave the comments to begin with :) Thanks for the comments!