Thursday 9 August 2007

blackest of the black

Finally there is something coming out of my 7 generation of breeding blacks. This spawn has only 5 survivors due to contaminated tank (long story short, a visitor spilled coke into the tank, wiping of the majority of fry).

Anyway, out of the 5, I've got 1 gorgeous male. He's as black as I could see with very little iridescence. In fact, when I shine torch to his body, I don't see any of the irids, but I know it's there cause there is that faint 1 line color of dimmed steel blue. It seems, on this line, I've got that dimmed steel blue color that doesn't reflect the light much.....so I'm way very happy about this line.

To add more to the joy, the spawn has very nice finnage. All male and females are very balanced. All long fin of course :)

He's coming to a spawning stage now, still very young (nearly 3 months), but quite enthusiastic on doing it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not put your email address on the comment to avoid being mined by spambot. Comment on posts older than a month will go through moderation (to avoid spam). Comments will not be filtered in any way - you would know, wouldn't you, cause you leave the comments to begin with :) Thanks for the comments!